Complete Financial Group
Charles B. Dwight IV, JD, RFC
With almost 20 years as an advisor to businesses in a variety of successful roles, including: a national sales manager, a business consultant, and an attorney, Charles (CB) decided to focus on what he loves to do most-help individuals and businesses succeed and grow. With this in mind, he co-founded Complete Financial Services in 2002 to help individuals through the complexities of the financial world.
As a Registered Principal and Investment Advisor Representative with Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc., CB enjoys helping his clients in every phase of the financial planning process: goal identification, data organization, analysis, problem identification, recommendations, and plan implementation.
After founding CFS, CB saw a need for expertise in the retirement plan arena. In 2003 he co-founded Complete 401K to help meet that need. CB works with business owners ranging from sole proprietors to large, diversified corporations with over three thousand employees.
CB has a B.S. in Conservation of Natural Resources from the University of California and a Jurist Doctorate from the University of Seattle. He has achieved the following certifications: Board Certified Estate Planning, Registered Financial Consultant, and Retirement Income Specialist. CB participates in ongoing education as a member of the Business Institute of America.
CB is passionate about volunteering and is currently working with a soccer club to help them finance and develop a large sports facility.
Welcome to Complete Financial Group
Employers: do you want a 401(k) plan you can offer while helping to protect your own interests too?
As a plan sponsor, you can provide your employees with a 401(k) plan geared specifically to their needs-while potentially reducing your litigation risk and improving your employee retention.
Investors: are you looking for knowledgeable professionals to help grow your assets?
As an individual or an employee, with good planning and periodic financial assessments, you can look towards attaining your financial goals and enjoying financial independence.
You’re an employer and may not be sure how to set up a retirement plan that benefits both your company and your employees-or you’re wondering if you could make improvements to the benefits package you already have in place. You wonder if you have the financial management staff you need to successfully administer a 401(k) plan.
You would like to . . .
- Have a comprehensive 401(k) benefits package that offers your employees well-thought-out investment options
- Know that your plan fulfills your employer responsibilities and helps protect you from unnecessary litigation
- Have financial consultants to turn to when you need help or advice
- Have ongoing support and research to help ensure the plan performs as intended
You’re an individual or couple and you want to plan for your financial future. You’re not confident in your own investment knowledge and skills and you’re concerned that, in the wrong hands, your assets may not grow as quickly as you’d like. You would like to . . .
- Have a financial plan in place that is designed to help grow your assets over time
- Know you have comprehensive planning in place which may include: life insurance, disability insurance, and long-term care insurance
- Be aware of tax reduction strategies
- Have professionals to advise you and who can refer you to other professionals if necessary
At Complete Financial Group, we look at retirement planning from a holistic point of view: We help both employers and individuals; we discuss your family’s needs, your future health needs, your endowment wishes, and your charitable gifting goals; and we make use of business alliances such as: estate planning attorneys, tax attorneys, and CPAs.
We help you build, protect, and preserve your assets.
We founded Complete Financial Group with the goal of helping individuals increase their wealth as effectively and as safely as possible while helping reduce taxes as much as possible. We now work with hundreds of clients in Oregon and across the US.
Our clients come from all walks of life at all stages of their lives: They may be professionals, business people, blue collar workers, retirees, recipients of an inheritance, single parents, young couples… The label isn’t important. What matters to us-and what is common among all our clients-is that they have the desire to invest in and grow their wealth over time.
Who We Work With
Most people who come to us know they may not have the time, knowledge, or skills to manage their investments themselves. Most don’t have the time to monitor the progress of their funds or to react quickly when an investment is not performing as expected. And most people are aware that qualified financial advisors have the training and experience to do a significantly better job at helping grow their clients’ assets.
Our clients tend to have the following traits in common:
- They don’t want or don’t have the time to manage their assets themselves
- They understand it takes time to build wealth
- They’re willing to ride the inevitable ups and downs of the economic and investment cycles
- They trust our knowledge, experience, and professionalism
What You Can Expect
We aim to build long and rewarding relationships with all our clients.After all, your success is our success. And, as Investment Advisor’s of TFA, we love helping people attain their financial goals. Here’s what you can expect as a client of CFG:
- You’ll have an individualized financial strategy designed for your unique goals and lifestyle, or an allocation detailed specifically for your circumstances
- You can have the confidence knowing that you can call an experienced financial professional at any time
- You’ll have more time to focus on what you’re good at and what you enjoy doing
- You’ll enjoy being treated with courtesy and respect
How We Work
First we’ll sit down together and talk. You’ll meet with one of our Financial Advisors who will spend as much time as necessary to learn about you, your life situation, and your life goals. We want to know as much about you as possible: your current assets, your career, your family situation, your financial goals, your risk tolerance, and many other important aspects of your life. You, in turn, will have questions for us. This will be the start of our personal relationship and partnership with you.
Next, depending on your circumstances, we can prepare a customized proposal that outlines how we recommend your portfolio should be structured, based on what you’ve told us. This could include IRAs, 401(k)s, mutual funds, bonds, life insurance, long-term care insurance, CDs, annuities-and any number of other investment tools and strategies. We may also suggest you consult with other professionals, such as an accountant or lawyer, should your situation warrant it.
If you decide to establish a relationship with us, our job is to periodically monitor them and help keep the portfolio in balance. If anything changes in your life, we’ll discuss together how to revise the portfolio to help meet your new situation or goal. We are always available to answer any questions or concerns.
Our Guiding Beliefs
- These are some of the values our business is founded on:
- Wealth building takes experience, planning, implementation, and ongoing monitoring
- Each client is an individual with unique financial circumstances and goals
- We take our responsibility to our clients very seriously
- We treat our clients with the utmost respect, and we enjoy developing lifelong relationships with them
How We’re Different
You expect to have highly trained and experienced individuals in a financial services firm; we have that and more. But what you may not expect is how we view you and treat you. And you may wonder how we build trust…
- We won’t talk over your head or patronize you
- We’ll take the time to explain what we’re recommending and why
- We’ll get to know you so we can help plan for your individual needs and goals
- We advise on investment options but ultimately it is you, the client, who makes the decisions
Below is a summary of the services CFS provides:
Develop Strategies to Help You Increase Your Wealth
- Review investment allocations
- Tax reduction strategies
- Deliver a wealth accumulation plan
- Review insurance needs
Conserve and Maintain Wealth
- Devise a plan to help reduce taxes
- Review insurance needs (long-term care, life, disability) and recommend the most cost-effective for the client’s needs-at least every two years, preferably every year
- Review overall investment portfolio with a view to diversification and appropriate asset allocation using modern portfolio theory for allocation development
Devise Wealth Distribution Strategies during Life to Help Reduce Taxable Consequences and Maintain Your Needed Income Throughout Life
- Review investment and retirement plans: implement investment plans, devise timing of asset distribution during client’s life, review and develop asset distribution at death
- Plan for business succession
- Help develop estate plans
- Help develop tax-efficient child gifting plans
- Help develop tax-efficient charitable gifting plans
Devise Wealth Distribution at Death to Help Reduce Taxable Consequences
- Wealth distribution to spouse, family, and others: plan to reduce estate taxes, plan for control of assets after death, plan to keep assets intact after death
- Charitable giving at death: plan to reduce estate taxes, plan for control of assets after death, plan to keep assets after death
Due to various state regulations and registration requirements concerning the dissemination of information regarding investment and insurance products and services, access to this information must be limited to individuals residing in the following states:
Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, California, Arizona, Minnesota, Illinois, Georgia, Virginia
A broker/dealer, investment advisor, BD agent or IA rep may only transact business in a particular state after licensure or satisfying qualifications requirements of that state, or only if they are excluded or exempted from the state’s broker/dealer, investment adviser, or BD agent or IA rep requirements, as the case may be; and follow-up, individualized responses to consumers in a particular state by broker/dealer, investment adviser, BD agent or IA rep that involve either the effecting or attempting to effect transactions in securities or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, as the case may be, shall not be made without first complying with the state’s broker/dealer, investment adviser, BD agent or IA rep requirements, or pursuant to an applicable state exemption or exclusion. For information concerning the licensure status or disciplinary history of a broker/dealer, investment adviser, BD agent or IA rep, a consumer should contact his or her stated securities law administrator.
Securities and investment advisory services offered through Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc. (TFA), member FINRA, SIPC and Registered Investment Advisor. Non-securities products and services are not offered through TFA. Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc is not affiliated with Complete Financial Group or any of it’s divisions. CA License # 0C78785.